Wednesday 26 November 2014

what's so silly about being silly!

Since I was a child, I have been called silly by my teachers, my friends, my parents, even by acquaintances on some occasions....well okay not some but many occasions. 

As a child, I used to feel sad when being called so and often ended up cursing myself for being silly...starting from the spelling mistakes, to the mathematical calculations, the fights with siblings and friends for the most childish reasons, the crushes, the inhibitions, the heartbreaks, the first interviews...anytime something wrong happened...it ended up with me telling myself that 'what I just did was so silly' or someone else telling me 'that was so silly of u' or 'dont be so silly'!

What does silly actually mean?? Well, going by the dictionary meaning it means being foolish, lacking common sense or judgment.  I definitely am none of these adjectives.

Missing a 's' in mississippi wasn't foolish, bunking your exam to drop off a friend who was leaving town wasn't foolish, crying over a partner who cheated on you definitely wasn't lack of judgment!

The point that I am trying to make is that it's by doing those silly things and making those silly mistakes, we are who we are today, the things that we have learnt and the mistakes that we have corrected after committing those so called silly mistakes.

So there's nothing wrong in being silly. Just let your guard down and be what you want to be, do what you want to, don't be afraid to committ mistakes, coz that' how we are meant to be and that's how we enjoy those turns and twists in life. 

Through this blog I want to share the silly things I do, the silly places I visit, the silly food I eat, the silly people I meet coz it's all about being silly!! Be silly be fun!

Stay tuned for all things silly!! ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Tripoto Approved Blogger

Tripoto

Tripoto Approved Blogger

http://www.tripoto.com/img/widget/tripoto_approved_blogger.png